A BLOG FOR READERS AND AUTHORS OF MTV BOOKS

The MTV Books Blog will close on October 31. Follow us to our new home at YA Outside the Lines on November 1!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

What Will You be Writing in 2010?


I will be writing a lot in 2010 and am excited about it! I'm almost done with a partial of my latest novel, Graveyard Shift and hope to get it to my agent for review in the next couple of days. This story deals with spirits, love and humor and takes place in a small town outside of Boston. I'm really enjoying writing it! And the best part is that a great deal of the story takes place in a graveyard, ooo, scary.

After I'm done with Graveyard Shift I may revise one of my older manuscripts. I've grown a lot as a writer these past couple of years so I want to dust off an old manuscript or two and put my newly learned skills to the test.

Also, on my wish-list is a middle grade series idea. I got really pumped about this after I attended a workshop by author Michael Grant this past weekend at the SCBWI Miami conference. He is a force to be reckoned with!

I enjoyed writing from a boy's point of view in Indigo Blues and would love to write a whole novel through the eyes of a boy.

I would also like to blog more so stayed tuned for updates as the year progresses. I'm always game for whatever comes my way so you never know what I might be working on! Now I must sign off so I can finish the partial of Graveyard Shift. It's such a great feeling when you don't want to leave the world that you've created.

What would you like to accomplish in 2010?

6 comments:

Beverly Patt said...

Finishing a first draft of a new humorous ya and maybe revisiting another, older ya ms.
I've got my dusting spray and rag at the ready;)

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Graveyard Shift sounds awesome!!! I can't wait til you get it published so I can read it :)

I'm working on a couple different projects myself right now. It's an exciting time :)

Bostan said...

I want to get started on being more serious this year. i really want to start writing more and finnish a few of my all ready started books. gonna take a while but i really want to do it.
And your book sound really good, i like the name!

Jan Blazanin said...

I love paranormal stories, ghosties and all! Looking forward to reading yours!

Danielle Joseph said...

Bev, you go! Can't wait for your humorous YA! Steph, thanks, partial to agent on Mon and I am so excited for both your new projects:)! Bostan, thanks and you can do it! Let me know when you finish your novel! Jan, thanks and can't wait to see what you put out next too!

Jennifer Echols said...

It's such a great feeling when you don't want to leave the world that you've created.

Oooh, that's the best feeling in the world. Good luck with this--it sounds fantastic!