A BLOG FOR READERS AND AUTHORS OF MTV BOOKS

The MTV Books Blog will close on October 31. Follow us to our new home at YA Outside the Lines on November 1!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How to finish writing a novel, meet a deadline, and slowly come back to life.

Blink into the light. Realize the following:

1. I have a family. And a cat.

2. My shoulder hurts from sitting in one position at the computer for 90 hours of the past 120.

3. I have been living on Red Bull and black-eyed peas.

4. I have not run in two weeks, and I look it.

5. I have been wearing the same jeans for three days.

6. Bloggers are posting very kind reviews of my novel The Ex Games and sending me the links, and I am just looking at them like, did I write that? HELP I AM LIVING INSIDE A DIFFERENT NOVEL NOW!

7. The Foo Fighters have a new single! Purchase!

8. I have no idea what is going on with Jon and Kate!

9. I am speaking at a local high school tomorrow, and the paralyzing stage fright has not even kicked in yet. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME!

10. Oh God, I have missed my day to post to the MTV Books Blog. Back to writing...

4 comments:

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

Oh I know those feelings. Good luck with everything, Jenn!

Carla Swafford said...

Mommy, is that you? I miss you.

LOL! And if friends tease you like this...

I'm too happy that you're writing another book. No sympathy from a fan.

Little Willow said...

Good luck with the new release! How was the event?

Jennifer Echols said...

Steph: Thank you!

Carla: *blank stare*

Little Willow: Thank you! The event went fine. This was the second time I'd spoken with this particular creative writing class. They are sweethearts. It's the anticipation of public speaking that is so awful, but once I get there, I'm fine.