A BLOG FOR READERS AND AUTHORS OF MTV BOOKS

The MTV Books Blog will close on October 31. Follow us to our new home at YA Outside the Lines on November 1!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

New Beginnings

As my fellow bloggers have told you, we are saying goodbye to the MTV Books blog as of tomorrow and heading over to our new space: YA Outside The Lines where we will continue to blog together and add some new voices to the mix, other YA authors who push boundaries and write from the heart the way we do.

Usually I'm not a person who deals well with change, but in this case, I'm excited and I think it couldn't come at a better time for me. As you probably know from reading my last blog entry here, I'm in a tough place with my writing. My work-in-progress ground to a halt and I go back and forth daily (actually probably hourly) as to whether to completely shelve the idea, walk away from it for a little while or try to keep plugging along. The tentative plan is to try something new for at the least the first week of November and if it goes well, I may try to write a full rough draft of that new idea for NaNoWriMo. Or I may just let the new idea reinvigorate me and then finish my current project.

So yes, I am definitely in transition in terms of my writing career. I'm not sure what I'll do next or where it will be published. But I am so proud of the books I put out with MTV Books, loved all the people I worked with there and the authors I was published with, so I am proud to continue on with these lovely ladies to explore new horizons. I may not be sure of where I'm going, but I know I'll be in excellent company at YA Outside The Lines.

No comments: