A BLOG FOR READERS AND AUTHORS OF MTV BOOKS
The MTV Books Blog will close on October 31. Follow us to our new home at YA Outside the Lines on November 1!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Five things you might not know about me...
At our recent SCBWI conference in Miami we were asked to write down five things about ourselves that people might not know and then introduce ourselves to someone new.
So here are five things about me that you can not read on the back of my books or on my web site.
1. I used to be a skateboarder in high school. I will admit I was pretty bad, but I had so much fun skating around town with my friends.
2. I was an extra in a Disney movie called Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss when I was fourteen. However, my scene was cut but I got to miss a day of school and earned $25!
3. In fifth grade my friend Fawn and I wrote a letter to Michael Jackson on my Snoopy paper letting him know why we should be cast in a P.Y.T video. Surprise, he never wrote back!
4. I have never watched a soap opera. Ever.
5. In high school a couple of fiends and I dressed really weird and went to an upper class mall to see if people would treat us differently. It was a fun experience and we were stared at.
Would love to hear what you guys have to say!