A BLOG FOR READERS AND AUTHORS OF MTV BOOKS
The MTV Books Blog will close on October 31. Follow us to our new home at YA Outside the Lines on November 1!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Myths about Being an Author
It’s been about a year and a half since I accepted an offer from MTV Books for Shrinking Violet and during that time I have fielded many questions about being an author. I thought I’d share some of the more interesting questions with you. All in good fun of course, but I sure did get a kick out of some of these questions!
1. “Are you going to be as rich as J. K. Rowling?”
My answer: “I wish!”
2. “Do you need a personal assistant?”
My answer: “Are they giving those out for free?”
3. “Your book is with MTV? What Channel?”
My answer: I’m not answering that one. Enough said.
4. “Do you need someone to fly with you on your book tour?”
My answer: “Sorry, I already have a personal assistant for that.”
5. “Will you remember me when you’re famous?”
My answer: “Remind me who you are again.”
Whatever your profession is, I’d love to hear some funny questions that you’ve encountered along the way.